Institute of Occupational Safety and Health Working Safely
Working safely course trains workers to ensure their actions contribute to health and safety in the workplace and that individual responsibilities are clearly understood.
Taking a proactive, risk management driven approach to health and safety, Working Safely is based on:
- Identification and achievement of desired workplace behaviours
- Skills-based training with practical exercises wherever possible
- Formal assessment of skills as well as underpinning knowledge
- Best practice rather than legislation, allowing international delivery of training
Who should attend
Working safely is aimed at all people whose work exposes them to risk.
To make workers at all levels, aware of their responsibility for safety towards themselves, colleagues and others affected by work activities.
On successful completion of the course, delegates should be able to:
- identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in their workplace
- use appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions
- assist managers in preparing written risk assessments
- follow their organisation's health and safety policy
- co-operate and communicate on safety matters
- carry out work activities without risk to themselves or others
- report relevant accidents and incidents
- monitor their own activities and assist managers in active monitoring
Working Safely requires a minimum of 6 hours direct input, including tutored delivery, discussion groups, syndicate exercises and use of self-teaching materials. Additional time is required for assessments.
- Module 1 - Working safely
- Module 2 - Hazards (general)
- Module 3 - Improving the organisation's safety performance
- Module 4 - Hazards (organisation-specific)
In order for an IOSH Working safely certificate to be issued, the delegate should successfully complete the Institution's approved assessment procedure.
A structured course tailored to your organisation, enabling your employees to 'think and work safely'.
This workshop uses exercises and videos. Written assessments carried out. Successful candidates receive the IOSH certificate.